It happened shortly after 10 a-m at a home along Church Street in Plymouth.
Fire Crews tell Eyewitness News a set of curtains in an upstairs bedroom burned.
But firefighters arrived quickly and contained the damage inside the home.
We're told the holiday actually helped with the response time.
"Being thanksgiving day, a lot of people are home, which helps for us because there are a lot of guys around that can respond. If it was during the working hours, no holiday, it would have been a little different." Rob Palchanis, Plymouth Volunteer. Fire company
We're told the family who lives here will stay with relatives tonight.
No one was hurt in that fire in Plymouth.