(Wednesday, April 19) Good samaritans are being credited with saving a Monroe County gas station from being destroyed by flames. A garbage bin behind Chuck`s Exxon gas station on Route 33 in Snydersville caught fire around three Wednesday afternoon and began to spread to the building. Quick-thinking employees from nearby businesses did everything in their power to put the fire out. They even flooded a nearby car wash station with quarters to get water to douse the fire. It was pretty much out by the time fire crews arrived, but a lot of firefighters responded because a gas tank was nearby.