Some family pets helped save a family from their burning home Tuesday morning in Hanover Township. The fire started around midnight on Main Road, but the family had no idea because they were asleep. It wasn`t until their dogs, Mason and Morgan, helped alert them that the family of three was able to escape safely. Kevin Little quickly realized the dogs were barking because the house was on fire. He immediately ran to wake up his mother and little sister. All three and the dogs were able to get out okay. Unfortunately, a pet bird did not survive the fire. Investigators believe a furnace problem may be to blame for the fire. The family`s house belonged to Kevin`s grandparents, who live on the same piece of property and also own the vacant house next door. That`s where the family is staying for now.